I consider that you have basic knowledge of Freight Forwarding Terms i.e. Pre-Alert, Console Pre-alert,Debit Note, Credit Note,Ship-window, HAWB and MAWB as well as Advance Shipment Notification (ASN),T-Track,Air Notification, Electronic Data Interface, Data Translation, download/upload batch file through CITRIX. How to upload batch/flat and doc to EDI on Internet System and FTP server.
Standard Operation Procedure: Documentation
* Once you receive the booking, make sure to open up a file & mention your internal file reference in the file.
* Booking we receive on or before, prior to the first day of the ship window (ship window will be provided by the Ultimate buyer/Consignee
* Need to check whether the received bookings match with the required details as per Consignee SOP; for example: Shipper’s Name, PO #, No of Ctns per PO, Dimensions, weight, cargo & documents ready date. Review the booking to void discrepancy.
* Bookings should be matched with MMG EDI system in order to PO upload if necessary.
* If you find discrepancy, please check with CSQA department for instructions.
* If the details in the booking are missing, invalid or incomplete, you can't issue the booking confirmation number to shipper. (Once you PO uploaded you can get the booking confirmation number through system)
* If all the details are in tact with the bookings, a shipment booking number (HAWB#)will be issued on the same day to the shipper without any delays.
* Once Consignee approve the shipment, Origin will receive the air notification 1 day before or on the same day the cargo delivery by shipper to you warehouse. And need to acknowledge to Consignee on the same day without fail.
*Please make a note; if cargo or documents won’t be ready ON/BEORE the cancel date, we need to obtain an exception approval from the ORDER PLACEMENT OFFICE.
* Need to maintain a booking report & it must contain details such as – ETD date, proposed flight details (ETD-ETA). If there is any delay to the original schedule / cargo or flight details are changed, Consignee must be notified. Final step of this booking is to obtain very accurate details from the vender & update consignee accordingly:Make sure received necessary doc (packing and commercial invoice) and booking (approval from Consignee) are meeting criteria to issue dummy if necessary.
Once you receive the final documents, need to tally & check if the given documents are complete & if the shipping instructions given by the consignee are correct in order.
Cargo receiving -
* Once the Cargo is received plz check is there any deviation with pertaining bookings docs/ findings
* Need to find out whether the cargo is in good condition, wet or Damage condition before accepting the cargo, If you find any cargoes which are Damaged or in Wet Condition, please issue the CARGO RECEIPT mentioning the details & get it signed by the factory representative and inform your findings to the respective parties.
* When labeling the cargoes, please make sure to paste MAWB & HAWB stickers in proper place in the cartons without covering any mark or a number, OR THE BARCODE LABEL.
* Make sure to get the Weight & the Dimension & get it signed by the supplier’s representative.
* Once you receive the cargo, make sure to take snaps in order to send to the consignee.
* If you receive any special instructions from the consignee regarding cargo storage in your warehouse, please make sure to do accordingly.
* Warehouse should be fully equipped with CTPAT compliance.
@ Air Line Bookings & Space Confirmation-
Make sure to have a very good track & trace system when dealing with air lines.If necessary then provide tentative flight details to shipper and consignee once you finalize the booking procedure.
Final Documentation -
• Make sure to execute the hawb according to the SOP instructions.
• Please check all the relevant documents such as Invoice, packing list , textile declaration if any & etc
• Make sure to mention correct G.wtg, V. wtg, measurements, ctns, pcs & other required details in the hawb.
• Please arrange the pouch (if it’s accompanied or couriered) with proper documents.
• If it’s a courier make sure to check with consignee whether they have any particular service provider for courier.
• Up date all courier details to the respective parties.
• Need to get in touch with air lines until total shipment will be departed from origin, if there is any off loadings all the respective parties should be advised within short times with complete details.
• If there is any document issue’s with shipper make sure to highlight to ORDER PLACEMENT OFFICE before sending the documents & get it clarified.
*** SEND PRE-ALERT AS PER SOP AND COMPLETE EDI TASK
*** SEND COSOLE PRE-ALERT
*** SEND DEBIT/CREDIT NOTE
**Keep tracking and get the PoD confirmation from destination agent and update T-Track
**send a hard copy of original HAWBL and necessary doc to Local Agent and make sure the bank name is on the HAWB
* Send Sales and Completion profile to respective party.
Note: It is not fair to share ASN and EDI data interface or Front end Citrix server web Job of a consignee . Just carefully review on detailed field description of the Item level screen. Please do not feel hesitation if you need any guidelines on EDI Message Transmission or any sort of help, just leave your comments or e-mail me.
Wish you All The best and success in your new Job.
Read More !